Wednesday 30 June 2010

AN OVER IMAGINATIVE AND HUNGRY TRIP TO HUMMINGBIRD BAKERY


Hum a little song to me, oh beautiful bird,
Let me into your world, oh beautiful bird,
I’m lonesome and tired, need an escape,
from all the miseries in this dreary world.


Your scent is so sweet, oh beautiful bird,
Your colours smile so bright, oh beautiful bird,
I’m feeling weak in my knees now,
Please come and take me away from this crowd.


I wait in anticipation just to throw,
My hands around your little creation,
Oh! Wait and here it comes, promising salvation.
As I pick up the round piece of art in my hand,
Pink icing overflowing with splashes of red glitter,
A heart in the middle signifying your love,
Oh hummingbird you heard my cry after all.



It tastes as sinful as it looks,
Your promises weren’t born out of a lie,
Cherry red, chocolate brown, sky blue, pistachio green,
So many more to choose from, oh beautiful bird,
But as the ‘weight’ watch strikes past its time,
My desire to pack in more of you
Turns me into a silent mime. 


Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.